The Transport Operations Manager will be responsible Lead deployments and configurations of new customer transport services as ordered from the N-Wave Service Catalog; work with NOAA personnel to plan, design, configure and install all N-Wave network equipment to provide a Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Wide Area Network (WAN) backbone interconnecting NOAA wide programs, NOAA regional research facilities, partnering government agencies and NOAA operational components where required and Develop and operate Cloud transport services to include VPN and broker type services, In this position, you may lead and direct others’ work and report to the Federal Manager. Communication skills (written, verbal, speaking) are required for a collaborative approach working with various individuals and a wide degree of technical latitude is expected.
· Support the Federal Transport Manager for the day-to-day operational readiness of N-Wave network enterprise transport services
· Understand the high-level operations of the N-Wave transport network, routing, trusted internet connections, customer edge and aggregation services to provide the N-Wave manager with operational status at any given time
· Coordinate and play a lead role in the design, configuration, and deployment of new transport services
· Coordinate with the GlobalNOC network engineering team to ensure the availability and stability of N-Wave transport services
· Assess network changes that affect transport services and provide technical direction for the approval of such changes
· Assist with ensuring network configuration and deployment standards are maintained
· Assist with capacity planning activities to ensure the N-Wave backbone, Trusted Internet Connection Access Points
· (TICAP), campus and customer connections have the adequate near-term and long-term capacity.
· BS/BA degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology or equivalent with 8 – 10 years of relevant hands-on experience
· Technical Certifications such as CISSP, Cloud Certifications (AWS, Azure, and Google), and ITIL Foundations is a plus
· Possess, practice, and demonstrates
· Possess, practice, and demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Fluent, written and spoken English is mandatory.
· U.S. Citizens Only
· Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Public Trust clearance is required