Human Resources Specialist
Axiom Consultants (Axiom) is a fast-growing Women-Owned Small Business located in Rockville, MD, providing IT and Management solutions to the federal government. Axiom is currently seeking an innovative results-oriented Human Resource (HR) Specialist.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for managing all HR functions, including developing policies and procedures and coordinating benefits for Axiom staff and contractors across the organization. As the sole team member focused on HR, he/she will be responsible for a full range of HR duties, including staffing and recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, compensation and benefits administration, learning and development, and performance management, to create a secure and supportive work environment for staff working in a small, but fast-paced company.
This HR Specialist position is a Full Time position with excellent benefits located remotely for the time being. This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). This is a long-term position and offers growth potential for the right person. If you are interested in rewarding work while maintaining a work/life balance, this could be your perfect opportunity!
- Staffing and recruitment: Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process, including posting jobs, screening resumes, interviewing, onboarding, and pre-employment orientation. Manages all personnel transactions, including staff hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, etc.
- Policies and procedures: Manage and update HR manual, Conduct staff training on policies and monitor compliance.
- Benefits management: Direct the administration of benefits programs including medical, term life, evacuation, and the employee assistance plan
- Compensation Strategy: Develop a salary structure and compensation policy for Axiom employees.
- Payroll management: Oversee all aspects of payroll for US personnel (processing, state and federal filings, W-2 process, etc.)
- Consultant management: Ensure compliance with contracting policies, payment of invoices, and maintaining records.
- Performance assessment: Refine and manage employee evaluation policies and procedures.
- Employee relations: Creation and implementation of workplace initiatives, including staff recognition and wellness programs, counseling and dispute resolution, and staff development and training.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Local Travel may be required.
· PHR / SHRM-CP Certification
· Experience supporting small to mid-size Federal Government IT Contracting Firms with Proficiency with ADP, iCIMS, MS Office, including spreadsheet, reporting, technical research, and presentation skills.
· Proven knowledge and application of federal and state employment law and best practices.
· Excellent relationship management, internal consulting, organizational, and time management skills and abilities.
· Strong verbal, written, computer, multi-media sourcing outreach, communication, and presentation skills, with proven ability to safeguard confidential material and information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Humans Resources, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent with a minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant professional-level HR experience.
Axiom employees share a culture that revolves around respect, collaboration, openness, continuous learning, and immense pride in doing good work who are:
- Self-starter – Motivated and can work with minimal guidance, finding the resources to help you out
- Process-driven – You get things done! Using strong business acumen, insightful analytical skills, and superior process/project management skills, you manage through competing priorities even with a matrixed environment and keep an eye open to improve the way we do things
- Communicates with ease – You have a way with words; written and verbal
- Trusted counselor – You quickly gain trust and respect with anyone you come in contact with and can influence as needed, keeping a client-focused mindset
- Coach – You help bring the best potential out of the employees, managers, and partners you work with, helping them to continue to develop and create a great place to work with one another
- Translator – You have vision – see the “big picture” and be able to boil it down to the appropriate HR and business strategy to make it work