Axiom Consultants is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Enginner to provide full-time support to a client in the Washington DC area.
- Collaborate with team members in designing and building highly-scalable backend services and applications within AWS ECS and Lambda.
- Build rich interactive user interfaces using modern JS frameworks.
- Own responsibility for running applications using CI/CD practices such as automated builds, deployments and tests.
- Setting up and reacting to production application monitoring.
- Active participation in team agile activities such as story grooming, planning work backlog, work estimation, sprint planning, retros, demos, etc.
- Sharing ideas and experiences as well as asking questions. In other words, working to remove ambiguity for both oneself and team members.
- Eagerness to learn and help others evolve and grow their skill set. Sharing knowledge about new software languages, tools and applications.
Ideal candidates will have
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable customer facing applications.
- Proficiency in at least one server side programming language; Node, Go, Java or Python.
- Familiarity with continuous-integration tools and patterns.
- Experience with multiple database and event processing systems.
- Experience building web applications on AWS and/or AWS Lambda.
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks.
- Experience with devops teams that own the full engineering lifecycle.
- Experience supporting a production application in an on-call rotation.
- Implementing agency or organization specific records and information management processes;
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance.
- Experience working with client development teams to realize solutions on top of existing platforms.